Okay... I am in love with this picture and this recipe. Wow! What a beautiful idea. Nida, our guest raw & vegan food blogger always finds such lovely treats for us to experiment with. I always wait for her next find, recipe, or tip. Imagine this on your dessert table this Christmas? How pretty, and best of all- au natural! W.P
Raw Pistachio Cookies
Incredibly delicious and healthy - not what you might imagine your holiday meals to be let alone dessert right? Following is a recipe I found the other day and fell in love with. The look and texture remind me of Pistachio Barfi, which I LOVE so imagine my delight when I found this recipe!
Remember to use fresh pistachios (and add 10 cardamom's worth of powder if you so choose) and these cookies are a quick and easy way to impress your guests! You can also stack these into little cookie Christmas trees! They are so incredibly delicious, and they are healthy too, how about that? :)
What you need:
1 1/4 cup raw pistachios
2 tablespoon coconut flakes
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup honey or agave
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Clean the pistachios from their outer shell and blend them so they become flour.
2. Mix everything in a big bowl using a spatula.
3. Roll into a salami form using some plastic foil and put in the fridge for 24 hours.
4. Using a sharp knife cut into small cookies. If you have some small cookie cutters you can also shape them differently.
5. Serve garnished with coconut flakes and fresh fruits.
Photo & Recipe Credit: http://natureinsider.com/2011/12/raw-christmas-cookie/
hAPPY eATING & kEEP sMILING
We update this page regularly with foodie tips, stories, recipes, videos, pictures, and more. Stay connected with us!